Friends of AfroChicano Press is a nonprofit group that creates supportive writing communities for people of all backgrounds and ages. We create spaces for people to write stories, hear stories, and tell stories.
Our goal is to inspire others to write, to value their voice and to share their stories. We accomplish our goal through:
- Writing circles that create local writing communities and provide spaces for regular practice.
- Readings where writers share their work and promote learning, community dialogue and intellectual inquiry.
- Writing retreats that offer inspiration, practice and networking.
AfroChicano Press is experimenting with a "gift economy," where the workshops, readings and retreats we offer are a gift. To sustain our work, we welcome your generous contributions. Your contributions allow us to offer our programs free of charge and to remain a positive force for change in the community.
Whether its $20 or $20,000, every contribution is appreciated and will be put to good use. Friends of AfroChicano Press' tax ID is 82-2528646.
Our Wish List:
- Space to hold workshops, readings and retreats
- Writing supplies- i.e., logoed pens and journals for participants
- Honorariums to pay speakers/presenters/workshop facilitators
- Fees to advertise events
- Fees for graphic artists